Create My Photobooks- A Heritage Makers Blog

Your Personal Publishing Consultant

My photo
Heritage Makers is an online digital storybooking company that helps people capture the stories and photos of their lives in a custom digital book that you create yourself online. All of your projects are created in our user friendly publishing system with NO software to install. The process is simple: upload your photos into an online photo album, select your project, and layout your pages in our creative center. So get those photos out of the basement, out of the boxes and off the computer and create something wonderful!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

How Heritage Makers Brings a Family Closer

I found this story and thought I would share it. It brought tears to my eyes and again made me realize how important Heritage Maker's is and the power of storybooking. Enjoy!

REMEMBER ME LIKE THIS

By Sherry Louk

My friend had made a storybook with another company for her father. It was a year in review of her family. When she found out about Heritage Makers’ quality and versatile templates and that I would help her get started, she was super excited.

She talked to her dad about doing a book about her mom who had passed away from cancer seven years ago. He was so impressed with the idea he said he would buy one for her and her two brothers and for himself as Christmas presents.

She gathered photos from him during the week. She told her aunt about it and she asked to add two pages to include her sisters and brothers and she ordered a book, too. Well, that is where the normal story ends.

My friend asked her dad to get more recent photos from her brothers of their families. Not too long after their mother passed, they stopped communicating. Hurt feelings etc. A long painful story, but they hadn't talked in five years. Her father told her he checked with his sons and they wanted to contribute. They forwarded her their email addresses.

One week later she and I put the finishing touches on her Mother's Tribute Storybook “Remember Me Like This.” And a miracle happened. I'm sure her mother prayed because brothers and sisters were speaking again.

Christmas presents couldn't be held till December! They opened them straight away. Two months later my friend and her family went to her little brother's home, out of state, for a long weekend of fall festivities, including visiting a pumpkin patch where they took great pictures. A family was reunited and their warm friendship from childhood rekindled, because of one storybook.

My friend couldn't be more thrilled! Her two kids now know their cousins. And I am overcome with emotion because of the small effort it took to make such a huge change in their family's lives. I'm so happy to be a witness to it. Now that is job satisfaction

No comments:

Post a Comment